About Dustin (Available 7/25/22)
- Status: Available for Adoption (adoption info)
- Adoption Fee: $450
- Species: Dog
- Rescue ID: D220039
- General Color: Red
- Current Age: 4 Years (best estimate)
Dustin is an absolute dreamboat of a pup! Always smiling, super snuggly, and sweet as can be. This 4-year-old Dogue de Bordeaux can’t wait to be part of your family!
Likes: Following you wherever you go, sleeping on your feet, and playing with tennis balls (not fetching them…just chewing on them).
Dislikes: Garbage trucks (so scary!), lettuce, and being crated.
Personality: Sweet and social…Dustin is a lovebug!
Temperament: Typical DDB—hard-headed and willful, but also extremely devoted to his people.
Energy level: Medium low; he gets small bursts of energy and enjoys time in his foster home’s fenced yard, but is equally happy to spend the day Netflix bingeing with you.
Favorite activities: Chewing on tennis balls, snuggling, and getting belly rubs.
Good with cats, dogs, and kids (over 6)?: Polite and indifferent to cats in his foster home; good with other dogs, but best with calmer pups; has been around toddlers to teens, but would recommend a home with older kids because he’s so big.
Not good with: Dustin wants to take the lead around other dogs, so would strongly recommend a home with relaxed or older dogs.
Crate trained: No, and he will use his big old head as a battering ram to knock down baby gates.
Requires a fenced yard (physical fence and/or invisible fence)? Yes, physical fence required.
Walks well on a leash? Dustin is learning to pull less, but benefits from having an experienced handler who is not afraid to remind him of who’s walking who!
Challenges: Dustin is very smart, receptive to training, and is learning very quickly. He’s working through some less-desirable habits like pulling on a leash and resource guarding (food and preferred toys). He’ll let you know when he’s grumpy, and absolutely must be placed with an experienced mastiff owner. He shows a lot of promise but is still getting the hang of things.
Any Medical issues? Dustin is altered and will be microchipped and up to date on all shots before being adopted. Like all DDBs, his brachycephalic skull (pushed in nose) means he has a lower tolerance to extreme heat and cold than other dogs. He also needs daily cleaning of his face wrinkles.
What would be the best kind of home? Dustin has so much personality! He would love a family that includes him in their adventures during the day and snuggles him during tv time at night. He will require an experienced mastiff owner to be his pack leader, and would ideally be placed in a home with another calm dog.
DUSTIN IS BEING FOSTERED IN CHERRY HILL, NJ.
Application Fees, Adoption Donations and Rescue Policy: Please know that 100% of our funds are used for rescuing the dogs.
Our rescue policy requires the following:
- Adopters must have their primary residence in one of the following states: Pennsylvania, Ohio, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, West Virginia, Virginia, and parts of North Carolina and parts of New York.
- We will not adopt a giant breed dog to homes where the dog will have access to highly varnished hardwood steps inside the home. Any inside steps to which the dog(s) have access, must have carpeting, securely fixed stair treads, or a non-skid surface. We encourage you to remediate potential safety issues while your application is under review, prior to the home visit.
- Methods or devices using pain or force on the dog to control the dog, or to deter undesirable behavior is prohibited.
- Applications for giant breed dogs must be submitted by the property owner.
- Homes with children under 6 years of age will not be approved for adoption.
- Homes with children should have a fenced yard.
- Pets currently in the applicant's home must have a history of appropriate veterinary care. Veterinary records will be checked.
- All references must be checked before any visitation of the dog is permitted at the foster home.
- All family members must be present during the home visit to the applicant's home.
- Any dog(s) in the applicant's home must have an introductory meeting with the rescue dog being considered, before any adoption can be completed.
- Homes with intact dogs will not be approved for adoption. Exceptions to this policy can be found on the Adoptable Dog Page.
For additional information please review our FAQs or contact email@example.com
Mastiffs To Mutts Rescue reserves the right to approve or deny any adoption that occurs through this organization without disclosure. We reserve the right to make exceptions for special circumstances.