About KC (Courtesy Post)
- Status: Available for Adoption (adoption info)
- Species: Dog
- General Color: White with Brown or Chocolate
- Current Age: 8 Years 1 Month (best estimate)
KC IS A COURTESY POST LOCATED IN COLUMBIA, MD.
KC is a very special male boxer mix looking for a new family to dote on and spend all his time with. He is approximately 8-years-old and loves to be with his people, including kids (6 years and older). He knows basic commands and is quite the pleaser. Do you have room in your heart and home for a lovebug like KC?
Likes: People, squeaky stuffed toys, his antler, walks, time outside, car rides, and treats.
Dislikes: Veggies, being left alone, and knocks at the door.
Personality: Happy, playful, loving, and anxious.
Temperament: Self-assured, wary with strangers but easily warms up, affectionate, outgoing, not shy.
Energy level: Moderate
Favorite activities: Exploring outside, relaxing with people, walks, hikes, and car rides.
Good with cats, dogs, and kids (over 6)?: Good with dogs and kids, never observed with cats.
Observed with guinea pigs, good with small animals.
Not good with: N/A
Crate trained: Yes, he prefers his crate.
Requires a fenced yard (physical fence and/or invisible fence)? Yes
Walks well on a leash? Moderately well
Challenges: KC has anxiety and can have accidents in the home if left alone for long periods of time (more than the standard work day) or too frequently. Water intake must be monitored, and frequent potty breaks help him. KC can and will take food from the counter if left for him to reach.
Any Medical issues? None
What would be the best kind of home? A patient, loving family with someone who is home more often than not and a fenced yard for him to go outside and explore. KC is a wonderful dog who is looking for a wonderful family.
Application Fees, Adoption Donations and Rescue Policy:
Please know that 100% of our fees and donations pay for the costs of rescuing dogs. These include, but are not limited to: pull fees from shelters, veterinary examinations, vaccinations, medications and care, microchips, neuter/spay surgeries, heartworm treatments, behavior evaluations, and foster care, as needed.
Our rescue policy requires the following:
- Adopters must have their primary residence in one of the following states: Pennsylvania, Ohio, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, West Virginia, Virginia, and parts of North Carolina.
- We will not adopt a giant breed dog to homes where the dog will have access to highly varnished hardwood steps inside the home. Any inside steps to which the dog(s) have access, must have carpeting, securely fixed stair treads, or a non-skid surface. We encourage you to remediate potential safety issues while your application is under review, prior to the home visit.
- Methods or devices using pain or force on the dog to control the dog, or to deter undesirable behavior is prohibited.
- Applications for giant breed dogs must be submitted by the property owner.
- Homes with children under 6 years of age will not be approved for adoption.
- Homes with children should have a fenced yard.
- Pets currently in the applicant's home must have a history of appropriate veterinary care. Veterinary records will be checked.
- All references must be checked before any visitation of the dog is permitted at the foster home.
- All family members must be present during the home visit to the applicant's home.
- Any dog(s) in the applicant's home must have an introductory meeting with the rescue dog being considered, before any adoption can be completed.
- Homes with intact dogs will not be approved for adoption. Exceptions to this policy can be found on the Adoptable Dog Page.
For additional information please review our FAQs or contact email@example.com
Mastiffs To Mutts Rescue reserves the right to approve or deny any adoption that occurs through this organization without disclosure. We reserve the right to make exceptions for special circumstances.