About Elsa * AVAILABLE MID-LATE JANUARY*
- Status: Adopted!
- Adoption Fee: $425
- Species: Dog
- Current Age: 1 Year 1 Month (best estimate)
- Microchipped: Yes
- Housetrained: No
Elsa is the most "Collie" looking of the crew but is definitely the dominant dog. She'll need an experienced owner and no small children. She challenges everything and everyone and is constantly testing her boundaries. She has a stubborn streak, to say the least! She knows the "no bite" command and will start licking instead of nibbling on fingers. If you're up for a cute challenge, this girl is for you!
ELSA IS LOCATED IN RAYMOND, OH.
Puppy Adoption Policy:
To ensure proper house training and socialization, puppies will only be adopted to homes where an adult will not be away more than an hour per day, per month of age of the puppy, up to 6 months.
Certain large-breed dogs should not be sterilized prior to 12 - 18 months of age. If you adopt an intact puppy, you will sign an adoption contract agreeing to have the dog sterilized at your expense at the time your veterinarian recommends. Proof of sterilization must be provided to Mastiffs To Mutts Rescue as soon as the procedure is completed. If the puppy is not sterilized as required, Mastiffs To Mutts Rescue reserves the right to claim legal ownership of the dog.
Application Fees, Adoption Donations and Rescue Policy:
Please know that 100% of our fees and donations pay for the costs of rescuing dogs. These include, but are not limited to: pull fees from shelters, veterinary examinations, vaccinations, medications and care, microchips, neuter/spay surgeries, heartworm treatments, behavior evaluations, and foster care, as needed.
Our rescue policy requires the following:
- Adopters must have their primary residence in one of the following states: Pennsylvania, Ohio, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, West Virginia, Virginia, and parts of North Carolina.
- We will not adopt a giant breed dog to homes where the dog will have access to highly varnished hardwood steps inside the home. Any inside steps to which the dog(s) have access, must have carpeting, securely fixed stair treads, or a non-skid surface. We encourage you to remediate potential safety issues while your application is under review, prior to the home visit.
- Methods or devices using pain or force on the dog to control the dog, or to deter undesirable behavior is prohibited.
- Applications for giant breed dogs must be submitted by the property owner.
- Homes with children under 6 years of age will not be approved for adoption.
- Homes with children should have a fenced yard.
- Pets currently in the applicant's home must have a history of appropriate veterinary care. Veterinary records will be checked.
- All references must be checked before any visitation of the dog is permitted at the foster home.
- All family members must be present during the home visit to the applicant's home.
- Any dog(s) in the applicant's home must have an introductory meeting with the rescue dog being considered, before any adoption can be completed.
- Homes with intact dogs will not be approved for adoption. Exceptions to this policy can be found on the Adoptable Dog Page.
For additional information please review our FAQs or contact email@example.com
Mastiffs To Mutts Rescue reserves the right to approve or deny any adoption that occurs through this organization without disclosure. We reserve the right to make exceptions for special circumstances.