About Dreamie *Popular Pup - No New Apps Pls*
- Status: Available for Adoption (adoption info)
- Adoption Fee: $450
- Species: Dog
- Rescue ID: D220044
- General Color: Black
- Current Size: 14 Pounds
- Current Age: 2 Years (best estimate)
- Microchipped: Yes
- Housetrained: Yes
Dreamie is a peppy little girl who likes playing with other dogs. She's the definition of a fun loving lap dog!
Likes: She likes chasing birds and even jumps for them, but of course she is never successful.
Dislikes: Nothing yet...
Personality: Playful and affectionate!
Temperament: LOVES attention.
Energy level: Dreamie would love another dog to chase around. She is ready to play!
Favorite activities: Chasing birds, scouting wood chuck holes...and playing.
Good with cats, dogs, and kids (over 6)?: Good with dogs, cats unknown, kids should be older than 6 as she gets overstimulated with young kids.
Not good with: n/a
Crate trained: Yes, but she doesn’t need to be in one once she figures the home and schedule out.
Requires a fenced yard (physical fence and/or invisible fence)? Yes, due to her love of chasing birds.
Walks well on a leash? She pulls on the leash - 14 lbs of tug of war.
Challenges: Dreamie would prefer someone or another dog be outside with her.
Any Medical issues? She is being treated for Lymes disease. It is UNKNOWN if Dreamie is spayed or not. To determine her status, surgery would be needed and MTM did not want to put her through a potentially unnecessary surgery. MTM will discuss her situation thoroughly with adoption candidates.
What would be the best kind of home? Dreamie would do well in a quiet or active home with a fenced in yard and other dog(s) to play with and keep her company.
DREAMIE IS LOCATED IN CHAMBERSBURG, PA.
Application Fees, Adoption Donations and Rescue Policy: Please know that 100% of our funds are used for rescuing the dogs.
Our rescue policy requires the following:
- Adopters must have their primary residence in one of the following states: Pennsylvania, Ohio, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, West Virginia, Virginia, and parts of North Carolina and parts of New York.
- We will not adopt a giant breed dog to homes where the dog will have access to highly varnished hardwood steps inside the home. Any inside steps to which the dog(s) have access, must have carpeting, securely fixed stair treads, or a non-skid surface. We encourage you to remediate potential safety issues while your application is under review, prior to the home visit.
- Methods or devices using pain or force on the dog to control the dog, or to deter undesirable behavior is prohibited.
- Applications for giant breed dogs must be submitted by the property owner.
- Homes with children under 6 years of age will not be approved for adoption.
- Homes with children should have a fenced yard.
- Pets currently in the applicant's home must have a history of appropriate veterinary care. Veterinary records will be checked.
- All references must be checked before any visitation of the dog is permitted at the foster home.
- All family members must be present during the home visit to the applicant's home.
- Any dog(s) in the applicant's home must have an introductory meeting with the rescue dog being considered, before any adoption can be completed.
- Homes with intact dogs will not be approved for adoption. Exceptions to this policy can be found on the Adoptable Dog Page.
For additional information please review our FAQs or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Mastiffs To Mutts Rescue reserves the right to approve or deny any adoption that occurs through this organization without disclosure. We reserve the right to make exceptions for special circumstances.