About Athena (Bonded with Zeus)
- Status: Adopted!
- Adoption Fee: $450
- Species: Dog
- Rescue ID: D220031
- General Color: Brindle
- Microchipped: Yes
- Housetrained: Yes
Athena is a full figured woman who is as sweet as she can be! She came to MTM as an owner surrender with her brother, Zeus, who she misses dearly. Since she is bonded to him, it is preferred that they be adopted together.
Likes: Athena loves belly rubs and going for walks.
Dislikes: Raw carrots. She will eat them if they are cooked and warm. She gets these for her snack since she is working on regaining her girly figure. ;)
Personality: Very laid back and sweet.
Temperament: Athena will pretty much let you do anything to her. Bath her, brush her, give her meds, clean her ears…..no problem. A little touchy with her nails.
Energy level: Low energy but once she loses weight that will likely change. She does go on 2 long walks each day.
Favorite activities: Walking and eating!
Good with cats, dogs, and kids (over 6)?: Athena came from a home with other dogs and many children. She does wonderfully with kids and dogs!
Not good with: So far, nothing...
Crate Trained: Unknown. She has not been in a crate since being in foster. There has been no need to crate her.
Requires a fenced yard: No, as long as she gets daily exercise.
Walks well on a leash: Yes!
Challenges: Athena is over weight and needs to lose about 15 pounds.
Any medical issues: When Athena came into rescue she was on Cephalexin for an infection behind her ears. She is done with her medicine but still has bald spots where the hair has not grown back yet.
What would be the best kind of home: Athena would love another dog to play with and kids would be great as well. She will need someone who will be willing to keep her on a diet to get her back to the weight she needs to be. Daily exercise or a fenced in yard would be great.
ATHENA IS BEING FOSTERED IN LITITZ, PA.
Application Fees, Adoption Donations and Rescue Policy: Please know that 100% of our funds are used for rescuing the dogs.
Our rescue policy requires the following:
- Adopters must have their primary residence in one of the following states: Pennsylvania, Ohio, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, West Virginia, Virginia, and parts of North Carolina and parts of New York.
- We will not adopt a giant breed dog to homes where the dog will have access to highly varnished hardwood steps inside the home. Any inside steps to which the dog(s) have access, must have carpeting, securely fixed stair treads, or a non-skid surface. We encourage you to remediate potential safety issues while your application is under review, prior to the home visit.
- Methods or devices using pain or force on the dog to control the dog, or to deter undesirable behavior is prohibited.
- Applications for giant breed dogs must be submitted by the property owner.
- Homes with children under 6 years of age will not be approved for adoption.
- Homes with children should have a fenced yard.
- Pets currently in the applicant's home must have a history of appropriate veterinary care. Veterinary records will be checked.
- All references must be checked before any visitation of the dog is permitted at the foster home.
- All family members must be present during the home visit to the applicant's home.
- Any dog(s) in the applicant's home must have an introductory meeting with the rescue dog being considered, before any adoption can be completed.
- Homes with intact dogs will not be approved for adoption. Exceptions to this policy can be found on the Adoptable Dog Page.
For additional information please review our FAQs or contact email@example.com
Mastiffs To Mutts Rescue reserves the right to approve or deny any adoption that occurs through this organization without disclosure. We reserve the right to make exceptions for special circumstances.