About Rocky (aka Roxy)
- Status: Available for Adoption (adoption info)
- Species: Dog
- Rescue ID: D210058
- General Color: Fawn
- Current Age: 8 Years 2 Months (best estimate)
- Microchipped: Yes
- Housetrained: Yes
“Roxy” is a senior girl who is 8 yrs. young. She has only known the name “Rocky” from
her original owners but is loving her new name and lease on life. Having come to rescue with Lyme disease, Anaplasmosis, and double ear infections, this sweet girl is still full of tail wags and will always greet you with a stuffy. She is currently on the mend and ready to share her tail wags and stuffies with you! If you are ready for a loyal love bug who gives with all her heart and soul and snores up a storm, Roxy is your gal!
Likes: Greeting you with a stuffy, tossing a stuffy, lots of attention, belly rubs, and pretty much every human she meets.
Dislikes: Small dogs.
Personality: Roxy is a social butterfly who loves to be with people. She likes to play but is also very content to just chill near you or on a soft bed. She knows sit, shake, “go to your room” or “go to bed” and may know a few other commands that haven’t been discovered yet.
Temperament: She is calm and friendly. She takes meds with no issues and won over the vet team within 20 seconds of meeting them.
Energy level: She has a medium energy level. She would enjoy a slow stroll through the yard by your side but loves a soft bed to just chill on.
Favorite activities: Giving and getting all the luv’ns she can and playing with lots of stuffies.
Good with cats, dogs, and kids (over 6)?: Good with cats, large dogs and kids of all ages but with her lyme disease and bouts with pain, children over 6 may be best.
Not good with: Smaller dogs.
Housetrained: Yes, but can’t be expected to go longer than 8 hours due to her age.
Crate trained: Yes, but prefers to be able to stretch out to her fullest extent and be with her people.
Requires a fenced yard (physical fence and/or invisible fence)? Not necessarily but will trot off if she gets loose.
Walks well on a leash? She walks beautifully on a leash. She will wait to see if you’re ready to go with her before she’ll move.
Challenges: Roxy is a little jealous when another dog is getting attention and can get pushy. She does best with other dogs who are more submissive.
Any Medical issues? Lyme and Anaplasmosis positive, double ear infections but has been treated with antibiotics and ear meds.
What would be the best kind of home? Roxy would do best in a home where she can get the one on one time she craves and deserves either with no other dogs or a submissive dog who can ignore her challenges.
Roxy is locted in Shippensburg, PA.
Application Fees, Adoption Donations and Rescue Policy: Please know that 100% of our funds are used for rescuing the dogs.
Our rescue policy requires the following:
- Adopters must have their primary residence in one of the following states: Pennsylvania, Ohio, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, West Virginia, Virginia, and parts of North Carolina and parts of New York.
- We will not adopt a giant breed dog to homes where the dog will have access to highly varnished hardwood steps inside the home. Any inside steps to which the dog(s) have access, must have carpeting, securely fixed stair treads, or a non-skid surface. We encourage you to remediate potential safety issues while your application is under review, prior to the home visit.
- Methods or devices using pain or force on the dog to control the dog, or to deter undesirable behavior is prohibited.
- Applications for giant breed dogs must be submitted by the property owner.
- Homes with children under 6 years of age will not be approved for adoption.
- Homes with children should have a fenced yard.
- Pets currently in the applicant's home must have a history of appropriate veterinary care. Veterinary records will be checked.
- All references must be checked before any visitation of the dog is permitted at the foster home.
- All family members must be present during the home visit to the applicant's home.
- Any dog(s) in the applicant's home must have an introductory meeting with the rescue dog being considered, before any adoption can be completed.
- Homes with intact dogs will not be approved for adoption. Exceptions to this policy can be found on the Adoptable Dog Page.
For additional information please review our FAQs or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Mastiffs To Mutts Rescue reserves the right to approve or deny any adoption that occurs through this organization without disclosure. We reserve the right to make exceptions for special circumstances.