About Goliath (**Pending**)
- Status: Available for Adoption (adoption info)
- Adoption Fee: 325.00
- Species: Dog
- Rescue ID: D210051
- Color: Fawn w black
- Current Size: 233 Pounds
- Current Age: 6 Years 4 Months (best estimate)
- Microchipped: Yes
- Housetrained: Yes
Goliath is a quiet, laid back dog who is not destructive when left alone in the house. He sleeps through the night and takes naps throughout the day. He has no separation anxiety and is not aggressive in any way.
Likes: He likes short walks and floppy toys that he can throw around. He has a big appetite, and eats with great gusto.
Dislikes: Baths are not a favorite thing, also ear cleaning. While he tolerates going to the Vet, he certainly does like it.
Personality: This is not a high energy dog. He would rather lie on the couch than engage in any exercise, although he does show a bit of playfulness from time to time.
Temperament: Goliath is not cooperative with ear cleaning, and his nails have not been clipped so far. Other than ear cleaning he has had no problem with handling. He takes meds well if hidden in something that tastes good. He goes become stressed at the Vet.
Energy level: He does like short walks and will walk up to 1/4 mile if done a little at a time.
Favorite activities: He does not engage in fetch but will attempt to play with other dogs. He has not had an opportunity to swim.
Not good with: Goliath is good with everyone. He has a special fondness for cats.
Crate trained: Unknown
Requires a fenced yard: While he does not require a fenced yard if walked frequently, but he would enjoy having one. He would not do well with an invisible fence.
Walks well on a leash: Goliath does not walk well on a leash!
Challenges: He has such poor leash manners that keeping him reigned in is a big challenge. Adding to this problem is his weight, so he is almost impossible to control. He is going to need some training.
Any medical issues: He is prone to chronic ear infections. He also needs to be on a strict weight loss diet as he needs to loose 50 lbs.
What would be the best kind of home: He would be happy with a fenced in yard (not inground/Invisible Fence) where he could get some extra exercise. He would do well with any other pets in the home. He may have trouble with stairs until he loses the weight. Goliath is a quiet dog who would thrive in a calm household.
Goliath is being fostered in Stewartstown, PA.
Application Fees, Adoption Donations and Rescue Policy: Please know that 100% of our funds are used for rescuing the dogs.
Our rescue policy requires the following:
- Adopters must have their primary residence in one of the following states: Pennsylvania, Ohio, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, West Virginia, Virginia, and parts of North Carolina and parts of New York.
- We will not adopt a giant breed dog to homes where the dog will have access to highly varnished hardwood steps inside the home. Any inside steps to which the dog(s) have access, must have carpeting, securely fixed stair treads, or a non-skid surface. We encourage you to remediate potential safety issues while your application is under review, prior to the home visit.
- Methods or devices using pain or force on the dog to control the dog, or to deter undesirable behavior is prohibited.
- Applications for giant breed dogs must be submitted by the property owner.
- Homes with children under 6 years of age will not be approved for adoption.
- Homes with children should have a fenced yard.
- Pets currently in the applicant's home must have a history of appropriate veterinary care. Veterinary records will be checked.
- All references must be checked before any visitation of the dog is permitted at the foster home.
- All family members must be present during the home visit to the applicant's home.
- Any dog(s) in the applicant's home must have an introductory meeting with the rescue dog being considered, before any adoption can be completed.
- Homes with intact dogs will not be approved for adoption. Exceptions to this policy can be found on the Adoptable Dog Page.
For additional information please review our FAQs or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Mastiffs To Mutts Rescue reserves the right to approve or deny any adoption that occurs through this organization without disclosure. We reserve the right to make exceptions for special circumstances.