- Status: Available for Adoption (adoption info)
- Adoption Fee: 450.00
- Species: Dog
- Rescue ID: D210048
- Color: Apricot
- Current Size: 55.6 Pounds
- Potential Size: 90 Pounds
- Current Age: 2 Years 7 Months (best estimate)
- Microchipped: Yes
- Housetrained: Yes
At the request of County officials, Mastiffs to Mutts took in 13 of 18 Bullmastiffs from the property of a deceased breeder in Kentucky. They were all severely neglected; emaciated and in poor health.
All 13 are learning to live inside a home, sleep on a soft bed, receive regular, quality meals, play and receive human affection. All are good with other dogs.
Khloe fka KYID#3.
Likes: Khloe likes going for walks, likes bones, and treats.
Dislikes: Loud noises, fast movements, thunder.
Personality: well mannered, laid back, sweet, low energy.
Temperament: Khloe doesn’t mind a bath, sits nicely for a blow dry, does well with nail trimming and ear cleaning. Khloe does well at the vet and takes her medicine easily in her food dish with her meals.
Energy level: low energy, likes to chill on her dog bed. Khloe does enjoy going for walks and walks nicely on a leash.
Favorite activities: Napping, going for walks.
Good with cats, dogs, and kids (over 6)?: Khloe is great with other dogs and children over 6.
Crate trained: yes
Requires a fenced yard (physical fence and/or invisible fence)? A physical fenced-in yard required; Khloe is not a candidate for the invisible fence.
Walks well on a leash? Yes
Challenges: Khloe is fearful of loud noises and quick movements.
Any Medical issues? Khloe is positive for Ehrlichia and currently being treated for it.
What would be the best kind of home? Khloe would do well in a quiet, non-chaotic, calm home, she likes her space/dog bed. She is very laid back and likes to nap.
Khloe is being fostered in Brookville, PA.
Application Fees, Adoption Donations and Rescue Policy: Please know that 100% of our funds are used for rescuing the dogs.
Our rescue policy requires the following:
- Adopters must have their primary residence in one of the following states: Pennsylvania, Ohio, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, West Virginia, Virginia, and parts of North Carolina and parts of New York.
- We will not adopt a giant breed dog to homes where the dog will have access to highly varnished hardwood steps inside the home. Any inside steps to which the dog(s) have access, must have carpeting, securely fixed stair treads, or a non-skid surface. We encourage you to remediate potential safety issues while your application is under review, prior to the home visit.
- Methods or devices using pain or force on the dog to control the dog, or to deter undesirable behavior is prohibited.
- Applications for giant breed dogs must be submitted by the property owner.
- Homes with children under 6 years of age will not be approved for adoption.
- Homes with children should have a fenced yard.
- Pets currently in the applicant's home must have a history of appropriate veterinary care. Veterinary records will be checked.
- All references must be checked before any visitation of the dog is permitted at the foster home.
- All family members must be present during the home visit to the applicant's home.
- Any dog(s) in the applicant's home must have an introductory meeting with the rescue dog being considered, before any adoption can be completed.
- Homes with intact dogs will not be approved for adoption. Exceptions to this policy can be found on the Adoptable Dog Page.
For additional information please review our FAQs or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Mastiffs To Mutts Rescue reserves the right to approve or deny any adoption that occurs through this organization without disclosure. We reserve the right to make exceptions for special circumstances.