- Status: Available for Adoption (adoption info)
- Adoption Fee: 450.00
- Species: Dog
- Rescue ID: D210048
- Color: Brindle / Brindle
- Current Size: 71.7 Pounds
- Potential Size: 100 Pounds
- Current Age: 1 Year 7 Months (best estimate)
At the request of County officials, Mastiffs to Mutts took in 13 of 18 Bullmastiffs from the property of a deceased breeder in Kentucky. They were all severely neglected; emaciated and in poor health.
All 13 are learning to live inside a home, sleep on a soft bed, receive regular, quality meals, play and receive human affection. All are good with other dogs.
Kona fka KYID#1
Brief description: Kona is a lover, loves everyone & everything, he has a puppy-like personality, he loves walks, and enjoys car rides, he plays with toys, and loves bones. Kona knows how to sit, shake and lay down on command. He is crate and house trained.
Likes: Playing with toys, bones, going for walks, being with people, being pet, laying on laps, giving kisses, napping.
Dislikes: Being left alone
Personality: outgoing, silly, funny, sweet.
Temperament: Kona likes baths, and doesn’t mind nail trimmings, he does good at the vet and wants to be everyone’s friend, he takes his medicine in his dish at meal times.
Energy level: puppy-like, he likes going on daily walks usually in the evening, walks well on an easy-walk-leash, he plays with toys, he loves bones and takes naps frequently.
Favorite activities: playing with toys, being pet and laying on his people, going for walks.
Good with cats, dogs, and kids (over 6)?: Kona is good with dogs of all sizes and loves children. NO cats!!
Not good with: Being alone.
Crate trained: yes
Requires a fenced yard (physical fence and/or invisible fence)? Yes. Kona is not a candidate for an invisible fence.
Walks well on a leash? Yes
Challenges: Kona doesn’t like to be left alone, he likes to be with his people or with another dog. He is not destructive, but he does bark when alone.
Any Medical issues? Kona is positive for Ehrlichia and currently being treated for it.
What would be the best kind of home? Kona would do best in a home where someone is home frequently, he loves other dogs and loves children. He will require fenced in yard as he is very curious about everything he sees. He likes going for daily walks and also likes napping on the couch.
Kona is being fostered in Brookville, PA.
Application Fees, Adoption Donations and Rescue Policy: Please know that 100% of our funds are used for rescuing the dogs.
Our rescue policy requires the following:
- Adopters must have their primary residence in one of the following states: Pennsylvania, Ohio, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, West Virginia, Virginia, and parts of North Carolina and parts of New York.
- We will not adopt a giant breed dog to homes where the dog will have access to highly varnished hardwood steps inside the home. Any inside steps to which the dog(s) have access, must have carpeting, securely fixed stair treads, or a non-skid surface. We encourage you to remediate potential safety issues while your application is under review, prior to the home visit.
- Methods or devices using pain or force on the dog to control the dog, or to deter undesirable behavior is prohibited.
- Applications for giant breed dogs must be submitted by the property owner.
- Homes with children under 6 years of age will not be approved for adoption.
- Homes with children should have a fenced yard.
- Pets currently in the applicant's home must have a history of appropriate veterinary care. Veterinary records will be checked.
- All references must be checked before any visitation of the dog is permitted at the foster home.
- All family members must be present during the home visit to the applicant's home.
- Any dog(s) in the applicant's home must have an introductory meeting with the rescue dog being considered, before any adoption can be completed.
- Homes with intact dogs will not be approved for adoption. Exceptions to this policy can be found on the Adoptable Dog Page.
For additional information please review our FAQs or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Mastiffs To Mutts Rescue reserves the right to approve or deny any adoption that occurs through this organization without disclosure. We reserve the right to make exceptions for special circumstances.