- Status: Available for Adoption (adoption info)
- Adoption Fee: 450.00
- Species: Dog
- Rescue ID: D210009
- Color: Blue
- Current Size: 115 Pounds
- Current Age: 3 Years (best estimate)
Legion came into the rescue on 2/14/21. He and his brother were turned into a Maryland shelter as the family no longer wanted them. It was said that he was anxious and shy. I did not find this at all. He has been by my side since I got him and loves attention. He is a very handsome boy! He loves to play especially with balls. Enjoys being outdoors in a fenced in area and doing zoomies in the snow. But he also loves snuggling up in a chair or the sofa and being pet. If you stop petting him, he will give you his paw as a hint to continue. You will get his paw numerous times a day! He is very bright and can easily open all your doors that have a lever handle. I could see him studying the pantry door trying to figure out how to open it. He can jump over doorway gates but has only done it once. Likes to carry throw rugs when he is the zoomie mode.
Likes: Cuddles, naps, food, treats, toys, car rides, doing zoomies outside and balls
Barks at men when they are standing but will take a treat from them. When they sit or come down to his level, he quiets until they stand again. I believe his previous owner was female.
Personality: Legion is a medium energy dog. He becomes very excited when he sees his leash. He does pull on the leash and he is very strong. Will need some leash training with a halter. Loves to be pet especially his ears, neck and belly! Knows how to sit, lie down and stay but is not consistent. Allowed me to clean his ears, trim toe nails with a nail grinder and open his mouth.
Loves his naps although he gets up frequently to check on you. Snores like a champion! Learning to use the crate. He loves food so it’s a good incentive to go in the crate. Once in, he doesn’t try to get out. Knows basic commands like sit, down, stay. Greets you enthusiastically when you come home. Occasionally he does jump up but is very gentle about it.minimal slobbering which is great!
Energy Level: Medium
Favorite Activities: Going outside, playing, eating, napping.
Good with dogs, birds, adults and children over the age of 6.
House trained: yes
Currently being treated for a left eye infection with antibiotic/steroid eye drops.
Challenges: Even though he knows basic commands, he is not consistent in his response. Would benefit from an obedience class. He is a counter surfer! Trash cans are very tempting for him.
Legion will do well in a household that has another dog he could play with and a big chair for his naps. Needs to know that his human is pack leader.
Legion is being fostered in Eagleville, PA!
Application Fees, Adoption Donations and Rescue Policy: Please know that 100% of our funds are used for rescuing the dogs.
Our rescue policy requires the following:
- Adopters must have their primary residence in one of the following states: Pennsylvania, Ohio, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, West Virginia, Virginia, and parts of North Carolina and parts of New York.
- We will not adopt a giant breed dog to homes where the dog will have access to highly varnished hardwood steps inside the home. Any inside steps to which the dog(s) have access, must have carpeting, securely fixed stair treads, or a non-skid surface. We encourage you to remediate potential safety issues while your application is under review, prior to the home visit.
- Methods or devices using pain or force on the dog to control the dog, or to deter undesirable behavior is prohibited.
- Applications for giant breed dogs must be submitted by the property owner.
- Homes with children under 6 years of age will not be approved for adoption.
- Homes with children should have a fenced yard.
- Pets currently in the applicant's home must have a history of appropriate veterinary care. Veterinary records will be checked.
- All references must be checked before any visitation of the dog is permitted at the foster home.
- All family members must be present during the home visit to the applicant's home.
- Any dog(s) in the applicant's home must have an introductory meeting with the rescue dog being considered, before any adoption can be completed.
- Homes with intact dogs will not be approved for adoption. Exceptions to this policy can be found on the Adoptable Dog Page.
For additional information please review our FAQs or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Mastiffs To Mutts Rescue reserves the right to approve or deny any adoption that occurs through this organization without disclosure. We reserve the right to make exceptions for special circumstances.