About Willie (Courtesy Post) (Silverstein)
- Status: Adopted!
- Adoption Fee: $300
- Species: Dog
- General Color: Black with Tan, Yellow or Fawn
- Current Age: 1 Year 4 Months (best estimate)
- Microchipped: Yes
- Housetrained: Yes
Willie is a 1 year old German Shepherd, from the same property as Jerry (see bio above) but in a different enclosure. His body condition had not deteriorated nearly as bad and he had not yet been as effected by the neglect that Jerry had.
Willie is happy go lucky. He loves humans and enjoys the company of other dogs immensely...he is young and loves play. He is confident and smart and eager to please. He too will need help with leash manners but with his abundant energy he would make a great running partner.
He loves to be groomed and dosent mind a nail trim. He rides good in the car and behaves himself at the vet.
Willie is crate trained and potty trained. He is up to date on shots, microchipped and recently neutered. He is truly just a pup with lots of love to give.
Located in Knoxville MD
Our rescue policy requires the following:
- Adopters must have their primary residence in one of the following states: Pennsylvania, Ohio, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, West Virginia, Virginia, and parts of North Carolina and and parts of New York.
- We will not adopt a giant breed dog to homes where the dog will have access to highly varnished hardwood steps inside the home. Any inside steps to which the dog(s) have access, must have carpeting, securely fixed stair treads, or a non-skid surface. We encourage you to remediate potential safety issues while your application is under review, prior to the home visit.
- Applications for giant breed dogs must be submitted by the property owner.
- Homes with children under 6 years of age will not be approved for adoption.
- Homes with children should have a fenced yard.
- Pets currently in the applicant's home must have a history of appropriate veterinary care. Veterinary records will be checked.
- All references must be checked before any visitation of the dog is permitted at the foster home.
- All family members must be present during the home visit to the applicant's home.
- Any dog(s) in the applicant's home must have an introductory meeting with the rescue dog being considered, before any adoption can be completed.
- Homes with intact dogs will not be approved for adoption. Exceptions to this policy can be found on the Adoptable Dog Page.
For additional information please review our FAQs or contact: firstname.lastname@example.org