About Starlight (Rojas)
- Status: Adopted!
- Adoption Fee: 400.00
- Species: Dog
- Rescue ID: D200088
- Current Size: 64 Pounds
- Current Age: 1 Year 10 Months (best estimate)
- Microchipped: Yes
- Housetrained: Yes
Starlight is a young ball of energy. She started off shy and timid but now she understands that people are good and is an excited snuggly pup! She came to MTM as a stray, so she is still working on learning new people are ok, but she will now greet guests at the door and warms up quickly.
Likes: Playing with ALL the toys, her dog friends, snuggles on the couch with her humans, keeping an eye on the neighborhood out the front windows.
Dislikes: Loud noises
Personality: Starlight is shy at first but once she is comfortable with her people, she is a top notch investigator of all things in the house, she loves hitting the backyard for zoomies. She is your typical puppy so she will help herself to anything she thinks she can chew and LOVES toys. She is bouncy when she plays and is a speedster in the backyard.
Temperament: Loving and playful but guarded.
Energy Level: Spurts of high energy/zoomies throughout the day, always ready to play. Also ok with hanging out and observing the activities of the home
Good with: Dogs and Kids over 6 years old
Not good with: NOT cat tested, mild prey drive she will chase birds and squirrels that come through the yard, cautious around new men at first but warms up
House Trained: 95% house trained, an occasional accident if you aren't paying attention to her and she needs to go outside. She doesn't bark to let you know she wants/needs out.
Crate Trained: Yes, this is her safe place, will require a crate in her new home. She also likes to take naps in her crate.
Challenges: Still working on basic commands but must work at her pace due to her history of being a stray and being spooked easily. She is starting to master the sit command.
Perfect Home: Star's perfect home would have another dog that could match her energy and want to play regularly. She loves running and is fast so a fenced in yard is required for her safety. She is also nimble so a 6ft fence would be preferred. She is easily spooked and will retreat to her crate or another safe space until she feels comfortable. Starlight loves her 13 and 16 year old foster kids, and will come when called now that she has found some confidence.
Fostered in Camp Hill, PA.
Application Fees, Adoption Donations and Rescue Policy: Please know that 100% of our funds are used for rescuing the dogs.
Our rescue policy requires the following:
- Adopters must have their primary residence in one of the following states: Pennsylvania, Ohio, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, West Virginia, Virginia, and parts of North Carolina and and parts of New York.
- We will not adopt a giant breed dog to homes where the dog will have access to highly varnished hardwood steps inside the home. Any inside steps to which the dog(s) have access, must have carpeting, securely fixed stair treads, or a non-skid surface. We encourage you to remediate potential safety issues while your application is under review, prior to the home visit.
- Methods or devices using pain or force on the dog to control the dog, or to deter undesirable behavior is prohibited.
- Applications for giant breed dogs must be submitted by the property owner.
- Homes with children under 6 years of age will not be approved for adoption.
- Homes with children should have a fenced yard.
- Pets currently in the applicant's home must have a history of appropriate veterinary care. Veterinary records will be checked.
- All references must be checked before any visitation of the dog is permitted at the foster home.
- All family members must be present during the home visit to the applicant's home.
- Any dog(s) in the applicant's home must have an introductory meeting with the rescue dog being considered, before any adoption can be completed.
- Homes with intact dogs will not be approved for adoption. Exceptions to this policy can be found on the Adoptable Dog Page.
For additional information please review our FAQs or contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mastiffs To Mutts Rescue reserves the right to approve or deny any adoption that occurs through this organization without disclosure. We reserve the right to make exceptions for special circumstances.