About Cooper (MEDICAL HOLD)
- Status: Available for Adoption (adoption info)
- Adoption Fee: 450
- Species: Dog
- Rescue ID: D200065
- Current Size: 86.6 Pounds
- Current Age: 3 Years 1 Month (best estimate)
Cooper came to us from a shelter where he was steadily declining and in very poor health. He was surrendered to the shelter for snapping at a child who was hitting him with a stick. He has been sweet as ever but we feel to be fair to him we will not subject him to a home with kids under 10. We are working to assess the root of his medical concerns and he will not be available until we have a better understanding of his needs. Please do not apply for Cooper until he is off medical hold.
Fostered in DeGraff, OH.
Application Fees, Adoption Donations and Rescue Policy: Please know that 100% of our funds are used for rescuing the dogs.
Our rescue policy requires the following:
- Adopters must have their primary residence in one of the following states: Pennsylvania, Ohio, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, West Virginia, Virginia, and parts of North Carolina and and parts of New York.
- We will not adopt a giant breed dog to homes where the dog will have access to highly varnished hardwood steps inside the home. Any inside steps to which the dog(s) have access, must have carpeting, securely fixed stair treads, or a non-skid surface. We encourage you to remediate potential safety issues while your application is under review, prior to the home visit.
- Applications for giant breed dogs must be submitted by the property owner.
- Homes with children under 6 years of age will not be approved for adoption.
- Homes with children should have a fenced yard.
- Pets currently in the applicant's home must have a history of appropriate veterinary care. Veterinary records will be checked.
- All references must be checked before any visitation of the dog is permitted at the foster home.
- All family members must be present during the home visit to the applicant's home.
- Any dog(s) in the applicant's home must have an introductory meeting with the rescue dog being considered, before any adoption can be completed.
- Homes with intact dogs will not be approved for adoption. Exceptions to this policy can be found on the Adoptable Dog Page.
For additional information please review our FAQs or contact: firstname.lastname@example.org