About Daisy (MEDICAL HOLD)
- Status: Available for Adoption (adoption info)
- Adoption Fee: 450.00
- Species: Dog
- Rescue ID: D200004
- Current Age: 4 Years 1 Month (best estimate)
- Microchipped: Yes
- Housetrained: Yes
- Exercise Needs: Low
Daisy is a sweet, affectionate dog. She’s a little shy at first but will quickly warm up and give kisses. Everyone who meets her feels the need to keep track of this beautiful girl and follow her journey to her perfect family.
Likes: couch time, warm blankets and having her eyes rubbed
Dislikes : exercise, she doesn’t see the need and prefers to relax
Personality: sweet and watchful, she watches the other dogs to see how this living with human’s thing works- she is learning manners and how to be a pet.
Temperament: Daisy travels well, is great with the Vet and takes her meds without issues, even her shots. She’s not destructive and can be left uncrated for extended periods without incident
Energy level: very low
Favorite activities: couch potato
Good with: She’s good with the other dogs. She doesn’t pay any attention to the small dog at her foster house and no issues with the big dogs. Daisy is learning what cats are and is interested in them but has not interacted with them.
Not good with: Nothing that we’ve found yet
Housetrained: Yes, but will occasionally have an accident if not let outside fast enough in the morning
Crate trained: Yes, but does not require a crate. She gets fed in her crate and will go in on her own, especially at meals, she knows where her food is
Challenges: when Daisy puts her mind to something, she can be stubborn. For example, if she decides to be on the couch others will need to move or lose their personal space.
Any Medical issues: Daisy is currently on several medications. She is heart worm positive, is healing from being hit by a car and has hip issues that she’s getting shots for
Daisy would be happy with a quiet home where she would have plenty of places to sleep, relax and get the attention she needs and deserves. She is fine with other animals but does not need to have them around.
Fostered in DeGraff, OH.
Application Fees, Adoption Donations and Rescue Policy: Please know that 100% of our funds are used for rescuing the dogs.
Our rescue policy requires the following:
- Adopters must have their primary residence in one of the following states: Pennsylvania, Ohio, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, West Virginia, Virginia, and parts of North Carolina and and parts of New York.
- We will not adopt a giant breed dog to homes where the dog will have access to highly varnished hardwood steps inside the home. Any inside steps to which the dog(s) have access, must have carpeting, securely fixed stair treads, or a non-skid surface. We encourage you to remediate potential safety issues while your application is under review, prior to the home visit.
- Applications for giant breed dogs must be submitted by the property owner.
- Homes with children under 6 years of age will not be approved for adoption.
- Homes with children should have a fenced yard.
- Pets currently in the applicant's home must have a history of appropriate veterinary care. Veterinary records will be checked.
- All references must be checked before any visitation of the dog is permitted at the foster home.
- All family members must be present during the home visit to the applicant's home.
- Any dog(s) in the applicant's home must have an introductory meeting with the rescue dog being considered, before any adoption can be completed.
- Homes with intact dogs will not be approved for adoption. Exceptions to this policy can be found on the Adoptable Dog Page.
For additional information please review our FAQs or contact: email@example.com