- Status: Available for Sponsorship
- Species: Dog
- Rescue ID: D180186
- Current Size: 150 Pounds
- Current Age: 11 Years 4 Months (best estimate)
This poor old man was rescused from a shelter. He is blind, hearing impaired, and did not deserve to spend his last days on a concrete floor. It was obvious he never received the medical care he needed but he is now on the mend. Due to his age and disabilities, Anibus is going to spend his remaining days in foster care so he does not have to adjust to a new home. If you would like to sponsor Anubis, you can make a donation in his honor under the purple DONATE button on the main page and specifiy it is for Anubis.
Application Fees, Adoption Donations and Rescue Policy:
Please know that 100% of our funds are used for rescuing the dogs.
Our rescue policy requires the following:
- Adopters must have their primary residence in one of the following states: Pennsylvania, Ohio, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, West Virginia, Virginia, parts of North Carolina, and parts of New York.
- We will not adopt a giant breed dog to homes where the dog will have access to highly varnished hardwood steps inside the home. Any inside steps to which the dog(s) have access, must have carpeting, securely fixed stair treads, or a non-skid surface. We encourage you to remediate potential safety issues while your application is under review, prior to the home visit.
- Applications for giant breed dogs must be submitted by the property owner.
- Homes with children under 6 years of age will not be approved for adoption.
- Homes with children should have a fenced yard.
- Pets currently in the applicant's home must have a history of appropriate veterinary care. Veterinary records will be checked.
- All references must be checked before any visitation of the dog is permitted at the foster home.
- All family members must be present during the home visit to the applicant's home.
- Any dog(s) in the applicant's home must have an introductory meeting with the rescue dog being considered, before any adoption can be completed.
- Homes with intact dogs will not be approved for adoption. Exceptions to this policy can be found on the Adoptable Dog Page.
For additional information please review our FAQs or contact: